Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday... To Me

Today is my 24th birthday. I've always hated having my birthday in November. It's always a bit chilly, and I'm not a fan of the cold weather. (and it's cold and a bit wet too... Grrr.. Why couldn't I have gotten sunny weather! Oy! LoL).

For my birthday, I wanted to share with you my one and only doll...She's an Adora doll. I picked her out because she looks exactly like me when I was a baby. How rare is that?

Check out her photo and my baby photos... (can you tell who is who?)


Doesn't she look a lot like me? She's one of only 700 dolls that were produced, and I think she's just precious. Cam bought her for me for Christmas last year. We saw her at an old-fashioned European toy store in downtown Franklin, TN, and I just had to have her. She cost about $120-130 bucks, and I absolutely love her.

She sleeps/lies in this toy crib that I bought. (The Adora accessories were way too much money).


Now some up-close photos...

And here's the baby in her entirety. Her outfit is pretty cute too!


Okay, so I probably went a little obsessive with the photos. But how often do you have a doll that looks a lot like you when you were a baby? Almost exactly.

My mom says she's like my baby clone, that's how freaky it is. When I first got her, my mom used to hold her and just squeal at how much she looked like me... And now I love her... because maybe my kids will look like an Adora doll. How cool would that be?

Anyway, enjoy your weekend!
-DP

Now officially 24 years old!

18 comments:

tina said...

Happy Birthday to you DP. She does look exactly like you. Very sweet little clone. I can see you toting her around as a toddler.

Susie said...

Happy birthday D.P. I hope you celebrate big time! That little doll does look like you. How fun is that! Your little baby pictures are cute!

Zach said...

How cute!
That would be pretty cool if your kids looked like an Adora Doll! My mom collects dolls. Well I don't think I can say that she collects them, but I know she has like 5...or more!

Oh well!

P.S. I almost forgot...Happy B-Day

Dan said...

Happy Birthday!

My b-day is in Decemeber, so I know very well that it is not the nicest time of year to have your birthday.

Either way you are now one year wiser which will translate into an even better garden next year.

Hope you have a great day.

Skeeter said...

Wow, the resemblance of you and the doll is remarkable! Really cool to have a doll that looks like you...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Have a piece of cake for me...

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday DP!!!
I love your doll, she is precious and it's so cool she is your baby twin!

Roses and Lilacs said...

She's lovely and she does look just like you. What are the odds of finding something like that?

Happy birthday!
Marnie

J said...

Happy Birthday DP!

That doll looks a LOT like you - how uncanny! That has to be really neat, I bet it really does take your mom back!

Dawn said...

Adora dolls are expensive but very collectible. She does look excatly like you! I bet your mother was in heaven. Happy be-lated b-day.

Anonymous said...

I hope your birthday was a great one, DP (I know it was, even though it was chilly).

Who could not be in love with that doll? It's really enjoying seein her photos and comparing them with your baby photos. Extremely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi DP, hope you had a very happy day on your birth day date! The doll is adorable, great name for her, and so were (are) you. I love that your mom has fun holding her. You will be a wonderful mother when that time comes too, so you can practice with your baby doll.
Frances

Carla said...

Happy Birthday to you! AND your baby doll (how perfect is she?)

Gail said...

Happy Birthday DP! I hope it was lovely! The doll is too cute and wow does she ever resemble you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday DP! Hope you had a nice one. :) Your doll is pretty & does resemble your baby pictures alot!

Anonymous said...

DP,
It looks like your were the model for the doll. I didn't get a notice that it was your birthday. Of course I wish you many wonderful days of happiness and prosperity.
Donna

DP Nguyen said...

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! :-)

I think maybe the doll makers found my baby picture and made a doll just for me :-)

IlonaGarden said...

I'm in love with your doll! I think this might be how my new grandaughter will look in a year or so!

Did I tell you how cute you are,too? How fun to have a doll that looks like you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that doll is so cute and really does look like you! I came across your blog looking for SFgardener's in the area. We are launching our new business and thought local SFGardener's might be interested in seeing our website and what we do. I tried to find a place to email you privately but could only find this comment spot. I hope that is ok. Our website is: www.herbngardens.com
We would be interested in talking with you about your journalist skills also! Happy Gardening and Happy Birthday also!!
Debra Shafer
www.herbngardens.com
Pleasantville, Tennessee